Missionary Update!


11/18/2019 Japanese Food?

This week has been crazy, the title is just showing my confusion I come to Oklahoma and I am still getting Culture in my meals. A member in our branch feeds us and she is from Japan, so we must use Chopsticks and the food is DELICIOUS.

The main thing I learned this week though is BE PATIENT. I know that by being patient we will be blessed. In the scriptures it says that if we are patient and submit happily than we will be blessed with the Love of Christ. I know it is a short e-mail this week. I just want you guys to know I am doing great I am having fun and I know that this church is true. God loves you.



11/25/2019 Be A Light!

Hello everyone, how are y'all doing? I know Light the World is coming up and I hope you all are planning on doing something for Christmas to light someone's life. Christmas is the perfect time to bake treats or sing carols, and spend time with family, the same goes for thanksgiving. Make up some funny Thanksgiving songs and send it to me I would love to hear some of the funny things you come up with. 

This week has been crazy, as I told you all last week, I am staying for another transfer I am so excited because I get to meet with a ton of people, we met last transfer. Thanksgiving is coming up and I love Thanksgiving so much. I love this holiday because it is a good excuse to spend time with your family. Sadly, I don't get to do that this year, but I will get to enjoy it with the family I have created down here in Woodward. I also had the wonderful opportunity to give a talk yesterday. I talked about all of the things that some people in the Branch are thankful for, Yesterday someone told me he was thankful for Dumplings and I was unable to share that with others yesterday so I am sharing with you today. 

I would like to share with you what I am thankful for. I am thankful for Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. The things they do for me is more than I could do for them, but they are still very willing to do it for us. Heavenly Father loves us so much he gave us family, so this Thanksgiving season I have a fun little family activity for all of you to do.

Step 1. Have a group of people. (Not hard to do Thanksgiving.) 

Step 2. Have enough sheets of paper for everyone there.

Step 3. Make Snowflakes

Step 4. See how all Snowflakes are different and how are differences are important in life.

Step 5. Put all the Snowflakes together. This shows that families are important because we fill the holes of our family together. 

I love this holiday. We are put together to cover the holes of one another. to make one another perfect. Together we are perfect, apart we are perfect. All the holes we have in our lives are filled by our families and Jesus Christ. 
What are you Thankful for this Thanksgiving, and what are you willing to give up this Thanksgiving, to share with others? I hope you all have a great week this week and thank you all for the love you send in your prayers. You are all amazing and you bring a smile to my face. I love you all and keep being awesome just know God is proud of you and through Jesus Christ we can be perfect.


12/02/2019 Turkey!!

Thanksgiving has been fun. The week has been great, and God has been good. There is not a lot of things that went on this week, but I know that the church is true. I also know that God does what we ask of Him. If we ask Him what is of His will, we will receive it. I love you all. I am doing good I know it is short but remember God loves all of you and He cares about you. I am doing awesome. Keep on being amazing.



12/03/2019 Hello

Hello everyone, this week has been great. Let's get right down to the subject header. The reason why it is in parentheses is because I did not say hello, I signed it. I was on an exchange at OSU and I went to ask this person a question and she said she couldn't hear me. I thought she just had headphones in, so I repeated myself. Well she still didn't hear me I then found out that she was not wearing headphones, so I started to sign and let her know that it is alright because I know some sign language. As we were signing, she told me that she was not born deaf, but she recently went deaf and she just wanted help. She told me that it was super hard for her family and herself. I felt the Spirit tell me to promise her that if she asks God for help, He will help her. I then told her that we would love to help her out, and we would try and figure something out for her to meet with us. She really wanted to meet with us and was down to hear more. It was not a coincidence that I was the one who talked to her. God knew I was going to be there, and He knew that she needed help. God listens to your prayers!!! She told me that she was praying for someone to help her, and God put me in her path. 

This goes out to you now. (Hello), Sometimes we tend to shut people out and only think that we have problems. My invitation to you all is to find your "deaf" friend. your spiritual deaf friend, someone who is hurting that you need to help and show them that it is ok. Don't be afraid to ask for help, if you can't ask for help to your fellow friends ask Heavenly Father. He is open 24/7, and He never turns anyone away. God is aware of you, and He loves you. He wants you to be able to hear His spirit, but you NEED to be WILLING to LISTEN. He speaks in many ways and many different languages, yes even gibberish, but He is still there He knows your thoughts.

I love you all thank you for your prayers and please reach out to help those in need. LOVE YOU ALL.



12/18/2019 What a crazy week.

This week has been filled with miracles. We had our branch Christmas party and we had some people we are teaching show up to it, that was a huge miracle when we invited them to come to other things they didn't. They really felt the spirit and they wanted to come to church but were unable too. The Christmas party program was awesome, we had a lot of members bring people who weren't members. They moved my p-day to today, just for this week. I am slightly grateful for that. I wish it was on Monday but also it was cool to see the things that happened. We had a wonderful lesson with someone who knows this church is true and they know it is time to come into the church, she expressed to us some pretty personal stuff and she just told us everything. We instantly became friends and she wants us to come back. 

I am doing great I have gone through some things, but I am doing much better. During this struggle I have learned some pretty big things. The main thing I have learned is that God loves us. Jesus Christ was not the only one who received a gift when He was born. We all received a gift, that was a chance for Salvation, a chance to live with God again. The wise men knew whatever they gave to Christ was not going to match the gift that they just received. I invite you to all think of something to give up so that you can remember Christ. I love you all and I know that you can find Christ in family and friends. So please look for Christ because you will find him.


12/23/2019 Merry Christmas!


Hello everyone, I am doing good. Christmas is going to be great. I am having a blast and I am so excited to experience all the fun things that are happening in Woodward Oklahoma. 
These first 6 months have gone by so very fast I have had so much fun with so many people, my companion, the members, and the missionaries (when around some.) 

This week was fun Church was fun, and Christmas conference was fun. I had a blast going to Tulsa and spending the little time with missionaries that I get to. Magical times though in the city of Woodward Oklahoma. We could possibly be having 4 people baptized next month it is so good to see people prepare themselves for a wonderful step in their life for eternity. Three of them we have been working with ever since I have gotten here, and it has been amazing to see the transformation that they go through. One thing for sure is I enjoy it so much because it is there success not my success. 

One thing I have learned These first 6 months is confidence is relying on other people’s strength, and pride is relying on your own strength. Use the strengths of those on your team don't push them away they don't want to go away they are staying right there for you. God loves you and everyone else in your family. If you are on a mission your team is the members around you and your companion. If you are a mother, your team is your husband, kids both here and with our Father in Heaven, your Mother and father. Heavenly Father has us all wrapped up in His arms. I can continue on but I know you can put your position for whatever you are. 

Miracles are not a life without pain, but miracles are a life where you can find happiness in the pain. I also want to remind you all that God only will give us enough that we can bare, we will not have more than we can bare. The hard part is that you need to believe it, you need to have faith that it is true. People can tell you and tell you, but you need to believe it. I love you all and remember I am praying for you all and please continue to search for the happiness in the hard times.







12/31/2019 Multi-millionaire Hitch hiker, Tornado Sirens, and Transfers

Hello everyone, I am so sad, I am leaving Woodward. I am getting transferred to Shawnee. I have to say goodbye to my family again, but that is missionary work. I have had so much fun and have learned so much from this area and the people, so many memories that will be cherished forever. We heard this story about one of the guys we are teaching, and he told us that he went Hitch-hiking, and about how he is a millionaire. I thought it was so funny, but I am going to miss him so much. The next thing is the Tornado Sirens went off and there was not a cloud in the sky so I then gripped and complained about how the sirens wouldn't go off. I then thought positively at least we know the sirens work, and if there was a tornado we would have known and would have been safe. 

I have been out for 6 months that is crazy I would have never thought that I would make it 6 months seemed so far away, and I have spent it in one area. Woodward has helped me see that We not only watched out for but that Heavenly Father is aware of us. Another thing I Learned is that we truly need to be converted, if we are converted, we would be willing to do anything even drive 1 hour just to get to church. God loves us and He looks out for us all he asks is for us to love him back. Jeffery R. Holland gives a good talk about that called "The First great commandment." Just know I love you all. Yes, I am starting to have a little bit of an accent but not too bad. I bid farewell to Woodward and am ready to open a next chapter of my mission life. I know it will be great if the Lord is involved. I am praying for you guys and I love you guys. Talk to you next week, in Shawnee, Oklahoma.



1/6/2020 Scraped Elbows

Hello everyone. I am so excited to be coming from Shawnee today. How is everyone doing today? So far Shawnee has been a blast we have experienced a ton of miracles, this week. Some of the miracles are worth more than numbers. I am so excited to meet new people and create my family even bigger. I was able to see someone this week that is so close to baptism he used to live in Renton and was getting taught by missionaries down there. I was talking to him about Washington, and how pretty it is. We invited him to be baptized, and he said he knows it is right and is just nervous because he wants to have his family to be with him which makes sense. He told us that he will pray about a date because he does not think that his family will join anytime soon. but he wants to be baptized.

Now to the subject line, Scraped Elbows. The night before transfers we stayed the night in Enid. In the morning we did morning sports and I scraped my elbows. At first it didn't bug me because I was determined to win. After winning the game twice I looked at my elbows and saw I was bleeding. I quickly took care of my elbows. I thought a lot about my elbows and how they hurt, but the determination I had before the pain made it that I didn't realize my elbows hurt. I thought that a lot of times Satan does that to us and gives us something that we might think we can get through without getting hurt. The truth is there will always be a roadblock in your way. Satan will always try and scrape your elbows. As we continue to remember that as we look toward the Savoir we are putting on the healing ointment to our ouches. God wants to heal us, but sometimes we are too determined to beat Satan that we forget about our salvation. Don't try and prove Satan wrong on your own. He will prove YOU wrong time and time again. Rely on the Savoir put on the ointment and heal yourself rather than hurting yourself.

I love you all. I love my new companion he is awesome and super nice. He and I will get along well. I know that we can gain respect for one another as we continue to press forward with faith together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull