My last trip to Albertson's turned out to be the best!
Yes, I know you are sick of me posting about shopping but I had a few of you ask.. How I do it?
I ended up spending $1.77 for what you see in the picture.
You ask how?
Albertson's Ad had two double coupon certificates in their ad where they would double up to 3 manufacture coupons per certificate.
There are a few sites I continuously go to print off coupons they are...
Betty Crocker
Coupon Cat
Pillsbury

Albertson's had a sale when you bought $30 worth of certain items you would get 3 $5 dollar coupons for your next purchase.
I grouped all my coupons together to try to get the best deal I could.
The first time I purchased it actually cost me $17 something but I had $15 for a next purchase.
The trick was to get 6 $1 coupons which equaled $12 +$15=$27 ....out of pocket=$3
and then 3 more $5 coupons would print out and you beg your neighbor friends or anyone you can for more double coupons and go back
I pretty much lived there this week.haha
Today was actually a surprise the cashier rang up my items and I handed him my coupons with the comment about one of them not being able to double and he confirmed (but I think he forgot because when I got home I realized he had doubled it anyway). So he gave me my total of $6.35 Which I thought was a couple dollars to high but didn't think anything of it until I got to my car and noticed that the Cheerio's snack mix came up to $3.29 each (sale 2 for $4)
so I turned right around and and just wanted the difference back but I guess they have a money back garentee on the first one so she gave me back $4.58 making my total $1.77 + $15 for my next purchase.

I will try not to blog about saving money too often. But thought about putting a section on the side of my blog with deals that I might find.
Like.. Baskin Robins Thursday the 15th is giving free scoops of their new Ice Cream to those who have Gym memberships (give your local Baskin Robins a call for details)
...K-mart has double coupons this week up to a $2 coupon with a savings of $4 (Check on-line to see if your store is participating)
Is anyone interested in me doing something like that?


Comments

Honor said…
I love the deals, but I'm so tired. It seems so hard and too much work. (although I know I would be glad if I did it ..)*sigh* someday I hope to be coupon savvy.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the info. That is cute to have your kids do stories.
Julie said…
You rock!!! I thought I was on my A game for the deals I got at albertsons, but wow you had an A++ game. With small children I didn't dare live at albertsons so considering my two visits I did pretty good too. I'm glad you motivated me because I was going to let the deal pass me by and I am so glad I didn't.
Yes, I love to hear of shopping success stories and I would love some of my own so any advice is awesome. Good idea with the stories and pictures. Do you do Love and Logic? I'm starting the class tomorrow night, PTA at Tyhee is providing it for free.
Teri said…
What!!! That is so Awesome, I try to do the coupon thing but I have never saved that much. Thanks for giving your tips, I will try it out next time.
KatherineWoodin said…
Cindy this has nothing to do with shopping but your phone is not working. We can hear you but you can't hear us. Please let me know when it gets fixed. Love
MOM

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Let it Snow!