2/17/2020-3/16/2020 update


2/17/2020 Donnie's Baptsim

We had a great week this week Donnie got baptized! We also had 5 friends at church they are doing great. I really like all the people I get to work with. They have all been prepared and everything.



The message I have is short, Love one another. I know that the best way to show your love is service. Service can be as simple as smiling at someone. God has commanded us to love one another, if we love one another we will feel the love that God has for them and for us, because we are showing Him that we want to take care of His flock. I want to invite you guys to serve someone that you might think is struggling that does not mean to ask them if they are struggling do it because you love them and they will pass it on. 



I love you all I know that this week isn't anything super deep it is simple, that is because the Gospel is simple, we are commanded to love one another as He has loved us. I am keeping you in my prayers and I appreciate all the prayers you send me I needed them, and your prayers have been answered. Keep on being amazing.
Elder Hayward

2/24/2020 My Week (this letter was just sent to me, I feel he sometimes covers up his struggles and reality. This particular week he could only muster up enough energy to write me a couple sentences.)


This week was very interesting I was struggling because the pain was so bad, but I am doing better.

One thing I learned this week was that God does have a plan it never seems to fail and we never understand. Eventually we will understand but it takes time. I love the Gospel and I love everything that God has done for us. I love you mom and I know there is a plan.
Elder Hayward

3/2/2020 Why do bad things happen?


To start things off Dave got baptized this week and it was way spiritual he was so happy and excited for everything that has happened. 



Now for the question, why do bad things happen to good people? Well that is a tough question because bad things happen to everyone. We need to have opposition. Also maybe that "bad" person Is having a bad situation because they don't know how to get out of it or how to be nice, and so they have a hard time trying to choose the right because they don't know how too. For the "good" we have chosen Him, we have chosen the right and He knows that we can, but if we are having a hard time then will we still choose Him. So, we are given a hard time rather than bad things it is just a hard time. I think that it is important to continue through the duration of the trial. God has not given us just Raspberries he gave us all different types of fruit sweet, tart, bitter, tasteless. He gives us situations as well, Sweet, bitter, tasteless. He never leaves us though; He is always there for us He is always watching, and we need to make sure that we are pointing towards him for help. We need to make sure that He is our phone a friend person. God gives us things that will benefit us for the eternities. Someone told me this week, I would rather have a goal for the eternities than a goal for this earth. I told them that our goal on this earth should help with our goal for the Eternities. I love all of you, I know Heavenly Father loves you all too. 



A scripture that Dave said was his favorite is, Ether 5:5 "And if it so be that they repent and come unto the Father in the name of Jesus, they shall be received into the kingdom of God."  If we choose Him, we will be received into the kingdom of Heaven. We need to have Him as our help, Him as our phone a friend. Please stay strong guys I love you all and continue to be awesome.


Also sorry for missing last week I will do my best to not do it again. But no promises.
Elder Hayward




3/9/2020 Gethsemane 


This week I had the opportunity to go to Edmond Stake Conference. It was awesome. the theme was loving our neighbor and trying to be a better member missionary. I also got the opportunity to look at the Primary Song, Gethsemane. A couple of things stand out to me, in that song. The first thing is "He felt all that was sad, wicked, or bad, all the pain we would ever know." All the pain that we would ever know, what a bold statement. Bold but true. As time goes on more and more things happen, and Jesus Christ understands He gets it. there is nothing that He does not understand. 



This week an old man asked us the same question we got last week, why do bad things happen to good people? He told us when we have a good answer he will start going back to church. He continued and said nobody has given me an answer. We tried giving him an answer that would give him a little Comfort. After we left, I was directed to this song. The reason why bad things happen is because without the bad we wouldn't know the good. Also, He felt all the pain we could ever know. He knows what we are going through. The next thing that stood out to me in that song is, "The biggest battle that ever was won-- This was done by Jesus! The fight was won by Jesus!" The things that happen in this life are ok because the battle was won. If we allow Satan to come at us, we lost, that was not the Lord it was ourselves. Jesus Christ has already beaten Satan. That is why Satan does all he can to turn us away from Christ. DON"T LET HIM DO THAT! GO TO JESUS CHRIST!!! 



This week could you pray for a couple of people. Wythema's family, her niece is in a situation and she has asked for prayers. The next is Dee she has social anxiety and would love to come to church it just stresses her out. The next is Kevin pray for him that he will receive comfort and peace and will believe in God again. Also, the missionaries in Tulsa (this is part of my mission.) Can we also pray for all people who are suffering from the coronavirus? 



I love you all thank you for all you do and all the prayers you give me I really appreciate it. They have brought me so much comfort this week, and the past few weeks.

3/16/2020 No Church!!!


How weird, my whole life going to church and suddenly, all church meetings are suspended. The Prophet is truly inspired, and I know that he is doing what the Lord wants. 



This week I learned that trust is the best thing you can have with anyone, also Matrim got baptized!!! Our Mission President gave us permission if we kept it to 10 people. Now back to what I was saying before.  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5. We are not just asked to trust in the Lord in this scripture but almost every one of them. We are really getting looked out for in this time of chaos, but if we are not looking out for Him, we will not see Him or hear Him. One way we show the Lord that we trust Him is by praying. Also, it shows the Lord we love Him because we are keeping his commandments. In Ether 3:2 it says, ".... O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires." My dear friends, we have been commanded to call upon Him. We can't expect our prayers to be answered if we don't even ask. We can't expect to have a great and grand life if we don't even ask. That is one of the things the Lord tells us very directly, Ask and ye shall receive. It is all over the place. God has the power to do all things, I am pretty sure he has the power to answer our prayers and give us the things that we need. If we ask, we need to choose Him, in all times of life. Heavenly Father is waiting arms open wide!!!! jump into them. 



I love you all and I am praying for you guys. This Coronavirus is wiping everybody out (of toilet paper). We are trying to get some for our apartment, and everyone is out. We will find some I know it. I just know that God is watching over us and is protecting his people who are trying their best to follow him. "Look unto me in every thought, Doubt not Fear not." Doctrine and Covenants 6:36.
I love you all and promise you that if you look unto Him there is no need to fear. Stay safe and WASH YOUR HANDS.
Elder Hayward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull