The Phone

Monday morning I decided to ask my kids what foods their Grandparents like to eat and they couldn't tell me. So, I decided for Family Home Evening we would talk about our Grandparents. I had the kids ask Sam questions about his parents and then we called their living Grandparents. We put them on speaker phone and all took turns asking questions ranging from what's your favorite color to what is your favorite family story. We had a fabulous time and learned a lot about who we are and where we came from. It was a nice bonding moment even though we are miles and miles apart.
******
A few weeks ago I started my Morning by taking Tasha to Seminary. I came back home made sure the other kids were awake and getting ready for School. Took Sam to the Train Station and then proceeded back to the Church to pick up Tasha and then off to School we went. As I turned onto our street I noticed two cop cars on our Street (one parked right in front of my home) As I drove up they just nodded at me like nothing happened. As I walked in my home I was flooded by explanations on why the Cop cars were parked out front. "Cody, Called 9111"!(Yes, that's right. He thought if he dialed one more 1 it wouldn't call 911.) "We were playing a card game and Andrew was cheating."Yelled one of the kids. The real reasoning for calling 911 was Andrew was eating Rice Crispy Treats without asking and Cody decided to parent letting him know that he was stealing and if he continued he would call 911 and then the cops would come and take him to jail. The cops did come to the door and asked if everything was o.k. they just replied my Brother accidentally called. They told them not to play with the phone and asked a few more questions and then let them shut the door. I was surprised that they never came and talked to me. However, I went out and talked to them. They were very sweet and understanding.
So when all the DRAMA had settled I asked them what the Cops said to Andrew Stealing. They replied "We were to scared to tell them." I sat them down and explained that Andrew wouldn't have gone to Jail and that playing with 911 could be taking help from those who really need it. I now take the kids with me in the morning :) Sam gets them up at 6a.m.!

Comments

Jana said…
LOL... I love the 911 story. I want to do a family night to learn about my kids grandparents, love that ides.
Jon Woodins said…
See you have great writing material you just have to see the great ways to blog about it. And I am sorry that the kids all have to get up at 6am. But not to bad that is when we get up around here. How is Andrew doing in Kindergarten this year?
Cindy said…
Monica, I am not a story teller! Sorry :( However I updated the story with small details I left out. The kids get up at 6a.m. Sam, Tasha and I get up around 5a.m.
Andrew Loves Kindergarten!! He comes home and is excited that he has homework.
Glen and Rachel said…
Oh my goodness, that 911 story is hilarious! Well, at least you know that Cody has a very strong moral conscience, good for him :) I think my favorite part is that they were scared to tell the cops that Andrew stole a rice krispy treat. Haul that kid off to jail!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..