Codys Missionary Adventures!

1/13/2020 Raking Leaves


  One day Elder Harris and I were out visiting members and we had this impression to find someone who was raking leaves my first thought was that there was nobody out raking leaves. The next thing we know we hear someone raking leaves and we went and started talking to her. As we were talking to her we found out that her Husband passed away and had a lot of questions about what happened and why he left. We gave her a pamphlet to read, and then we visited her on Friday. When we went and visited her on Friday We talked about the plan of salvation, and she told us that it answered a lot of questions for her. We told her that families are Forever, and she really liked that. It brought her comfort that she would be able to live with him again. She said she would be baptized but she doesn't feel ready yet. Heavenly Father led us to the elect.


Sometimes we feel as if God is not watching over us, but the truth is that God is aware of all of us. God does not let any of his children go astray but he is watching over all of us. Understand we have a person to watch over all of us in pains and joy.

Elder Hayward



1/20/2020 Listen

   Sometimes we just need to listen. We need to listen to friends, and even people we do not talk to. I know this e-mail is short, but we need to listen to the spirit. We had this lesson with someone and all we did was listen that way she was able to trust us more, but she told us she felt the spirit really strong. I know that as we listen the spirit will Testify of how they are doing. just keep pushing forward I love you all next week will be longer.

Elder Hayward


1/28/2020 Greasy Dogs


  Hello Everyone, my Title has to do with how almost every person in Oklahoma so far has a dog and that dog is super greasy. I have realized that sometimes we can be like that if we do not take care of ourselves. Sometimes we think that we are ok until we take a bath or a shower and see all the dirt and grime come off our body. Remember as we use the Atonement that Christ has given us, we are clean again our dirt and grime is washed away. 

Here is some news about my week so far. We now have three of our friends on date now and we had a wedding for one of our friends on Saturday. it was so much fun. I got to go to the temple for the first time as a missionary and it was so awesome. It was one of the most special things I have witnessed in a long time.
I am doing good and having a blast I love being a missionary.

--

Elder Hayward,



2/3/2020 Slow down and Rest!

 
This week has been a roller coaster we went on exchanges and had a blast but also, I got sick and have been sick this whole week, so I have had the wonderful privilege to stay in and rest. 🙄  🙄 Other than that we had 6 of our friends at church yesterday and three of whom are on date to be baptized. I am so excited for them, to see their change in their life it has been a blast. I have never been more ecstatic, the people we are working with have grown so much. The one person I have learned the most from is, Dee Cook. Dee has recently lost her husband and we found her raking leaves, she told us that at first, she was kind of hesitant on inviting us in, but now she looks forward to it. She is struggling to quit smoking so if you all could send prayers out her way that would be great!! We invited her to fast from cigarettes, and she said she would try, we asked her how that went and she told us that it didn't go well, we then asked her how many she smoked and she said 3. We were thrilled!!! We told her how awesome that is and how she went from smoking 8 to 3 is awesome and told her to continue to work towards quitting. It is so amazing to see the growth of someone that started out in an area that was very hard for them. Dee told us that she used to not like people getting to know her and like her because she was a hermit, but she recently told us that she is getting better at that. She came to church for the FIRST time yesterday she got a ride from a member and she told us how much she just adored her. God works in mysterious ways, but Dee is looking more towards getting baptized I will have to take a picture with her so you all can see who Dee is.

I am very glad to be serving a mission right now. I know that by waiting a year and preparing myself for this opportunity I have been able to bless so many lives, because I have learned how to allow the Holy Ghost work through me. Of course, I am still learning as this will be a lifelong process, but I know that God is proud of me.

Now this week's topic will probably be a little dark for a lot of you, but I feel prompted to share it with you all. I feel that a lot of the people in the world and maybe even some of you have thought about suicide or has even attempted suicide. I want to let you all know Heavenly Father still loves you, He will always love you. I know right now it is hard to see it but it is true, trust me I have been in the position that you might be in right now, I know that we can call upon the Lord as well as our Family and friends. I know it is hard to admit it to people but I want to let you know of the burden that is just waiting to be lifted off of your shoulders, as it states in Mosiah 24:14-16 "14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did astrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord. 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage." 

God is waiting to lift your burdens we need to tell Satan NO!! "I want to be helped", "I am worth more than this." "I am a Child of God." Don't forget that we are all children of God and He wants the best for us. I love you all I have felt prompted to talk about it because these past few weeks we talked about it in Church and one of our friends had a friend of theirs end their life. My dear friends find someone you can talk to, Satan cannot work with you if you talk about it because then the Idea is not private, and you have a person helping you. Don't let Satan control your life. I love you all. and just know that God loves you as well, and if you come to me, I will not judge you for the actions you have done. That is not my job. My job is to love as He loved, and to comfort those that stand in need of comfort. let me comfort you.

--

Elder Hayward,



Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, sky and outdoor

2/10/2020  Baptisms and Transfers

 

I will start with Transfers I will be staying in Shawnee and Elder Harris will be getting transferred, so I will be getting a new companion. His name is Elder Rasmussen, and he will be my new District Leader. All my companions have been district leaders. I am so excited for this next week. Here is the other part of the title, we have 3 people on date this transfer for baptisms. The first baptism is this Saturday and Donnie is super excited. I have seen God's hand change so many people's life. 


We had 8 people at church on Sunday. Also, our cars got grounded because of snow. I love you guys all I am sorry no spiritual thought this week, but I love you all and I am praying for all of you.


--

Elder Hayward

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and suit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull