Let it Snow!

Here are some pictures of our neighborhood.
The kids have had a blast in the snow.



Some of the kids comments ...
Callie.."It's a miracle"
Andrew.."I want to go play in it" (this being about 11p.m.)
Brandon .. "I need water to build a snowman"(?)
Kids..."It's cold outside"



Being so cold outside it is great weather for soup!
I used my soup making skills (lol) and tried my hand at
French Onion Soup!
It turned out very tasty!
Next time we will brown the onions more
and hopefully we will have the right types of cheese.
But no complaints from the kids (surprising)
I will definitely make this again.
For recipe click here.


Comments

Jon Woodins said…
we are digging out of the snow. it is easily a full 12 inches deep if not more. It continues to snow and the wind is picking up. We had to have our neighbors come over with their big tractor to dig us out!
KatherineWoodin said…
I cannot believe that much snow in your area. I have been up there in a snow storm but it is usually gone the next day. I love the trees and country up there when it does snow and then gets cold. The trees are so beautiful. Yes Monica is right, I think we got your storm last night and got dumped on. At seven a.m. the police came to our door because the paper deliver and ran into our mail and paper box. It was no big deal but they took the mailbox off so they could get out. Fred got it back up just as the family came down to put it back together for us.
Julie said…
So you might be right about your soup. You definitely need more onions. lol. You should let Brandon build a snowman with water. You never know his skill in life might be ice sculpturing. I sure miss you this Christmas. I wish you were here or we were there. The weather is the same so give or take either way. My guess is the passes are nasty. We better just stay put and talk on the phone for hours at a time.
Looks like fun! I love the snow! We spent all day yesterday digging out of it. O.k., well, Jeremy did, while I sipped hot cocoa!
Anonymous said…
Your snowland is BEAUTIFUL! The soup looks divine I can't wait to make some!
Becky said…
I can't believe we have had this much for this long. I tried to drive in it yesterday, but the streets were full of about twelve inches of slushy snow and the car kept getting stuck.
I think it is finally melting so I may be able to leave the house today.
Becky said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.