Brandon's Coming home and Cody's heading out.

Brandon...

 I can't believe that Brandon will be home July 24th!! I wanted to post updates every week on Brandon's adventures the issue that arrived was Brandon's letter's didn't have a lot of information or pictures. I can tell you that he had a lot of ups and down's in the two year's he's been out. He has also seen a lot of growth in confidence as well as spiritually. He has struggled with learning and speaking Spanish but can hold a conversation and his confidence is growing in that area. Brandon has also gain a small Spanish accent when he speaks certain words in English. I love it!
I can't wait to put my arm's around him and welcome him home.

Brandon will be speaking in our Ward on July 28th (let me know if you want to come and need an address) We will also be having a get together at our home that evening so please let me know if you need an address.



Cody... Cody went into the MTC on June 26th. Here's how thing's have been for him in his own word's.


July 2...Turn Outward

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! 
I can't believe the first week is already over, the spirit that has been with me has been amazing so far. There was a time this week where I was about to give up thinking that I have given myself to much to carry. Going through this experience has made me grow, I wrote in my journal I feel like I have been putting brick after brick in my "Backpack," as I opened my scriptures for scripture study I flipped to Mosiah 24:14, "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." I have been watched over and had been helped someone was there helping me carry my spiritual backpack, when feeling inadequate the Lord was there to tell me forget about yourself and go to work. One way I saw the Lord tell me this was through my wonderful companion Elder Grant. Elder Grant is from Dushane, Utah. One day during a Comp. study Elder Grant shared a scripture with me, Doctrine and Covenants 3:9-10, this scripture basically states "for ye are called to work but you will fall." What a powerful statement, but it continues on saying  "but remember for ye can repent and then you are called to work.' what an amazing message we will fall but Heavenly father still is calling us to work.

I love you all, I miss you as well but I know that we have a loving heavenly father and he wants us to succeed, please do not give up when you fall for ye are still called to work, and He is still there helping you carrying the Load you cannot carry. Thank you all for being there for me and keeping me in your prayers I feel the love you are sending thank you.


 Cody with President Raulf (we consider him family)
Cody and his Companion
--
Elder Hayward,
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints






July 9th...Life is great!!!


One more week of the MTC Life is Great. That phrase has helped me get through the MTC. I did get to see fireworks but not as amazing as you guys probably got.



10 things I have learned.

1. I need to be patient with myself. I have realized that it is not people who won't listen to me, but it is me who won't listen to me.

2. I feel like I am the only one who feels pain but Christ has felt worse pain than me.

3. We need to fall into the Lord's hands not out of them, I got this feeling after thinking about my favorite song Come thou fount.

4. We can learn the dance of the Gospel but it does no good if we don't listen to the music. "the music of the gospel." video on LDS gospel library.

5. there are millions of ways to connect to people through Christ.

6. Oxygen is needed to sustain Mortal life, Jesus Christ is needed to sustain Eternal Life.

7. I AM HUMAN!!! I make mistakes but it is alright we have the atonement.

8. The Lord will be there if we do not cloud him out.

we were not called to preach we were called to connect.

9. God loves us all 

10. The spirit speaks differently.

Although I don't have much I did but when I sent it, it disappeared and I did not have enough time to write. so next week I will give more. I do love all of your prayers I feel through the spirit love you guys. please give me help through things you have learned.






--
Elder Hayward,
Missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.