What's a Buttons Worth?

This past Saturday I set off to JcPenny's to spend the $10 coupon they sent me. I had many ideas on what I could buy and started putting scenarios together. As I walked in the Store the thoughts of a new Dress wouldn't leave my mind. I finally found this 2 piece Jacket and Skirt that I just had to have. So I proceeded to look for my size..there were only three on the rack size 10..12..16. The size 12 (I don't like trying on clothes at the store and a size 12 is my average size) which is the one I wanted was missing the Jacket. I started to think that a dress was out of the question when I decided to go try on the 10 and to my sweet surprise it FITS (I will not be washing this in the case that it decides to shrink)LOL! As I was buttoning up the Jacket I realized a button was missing! UGH! With that little glimpse of hope I walked up to the Register and showed her the missing button she proceeded to show me the extra button attached to the Jacket and asked if this was o.k. I was taken off guard and suggested a 5% discount she gladly accepted with no hesitations I paid for the outfit and was on my way.
Now anyone would be happy with this deal... Not me I have been disgusted with the words that came out of my mouth " 5%" What was I thinking!? Why didn't I just ask what she could do?, A bigger discount or I could of asked if they could have someone sew on the button for me. No I ask for 5% = $1.75 are you kidding me!? Which brings me to my Question...What is a missing button worth? This way I can be prepared if this happens again.

Comments

Honor said…
I think it's worth more that a mesely 5% ... it's hassle to have to attach a new button ... even if the button is provided. I don't know what I would ask for next time ... 15%?

(it was cute!)
Anonymous said…
Worth more than 5% for sure. I bet it looked great on you and you bought smaller then you thought you were thats gotta put a smile on your face.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.