Random caller

This past week has been insane. My companion and I have seen really weird miracles, one of which we were walking in the park trying to OYM people in the middle of the day in 106 degrees and it only felt like 110 degrees. (so not to hot.) We were doing OYM's and then all of a sudden we receive this call. I answered it very sheepishly, and said, "Hello it is the Missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." He then proceeded to tell us he wanted to come back to church and that he didn't really know how messed up his church was and he liked the way he felt when he came to our church. So we proceeded to tell him when church started how long it was and where it was at. He told us that he would see us Sunday. After the call I looked at Elder McWilliams and told him that we just had someone who told us he was going to church. He didn't believe me. Well Sunday rolls around and guess who shows up? THE RANDOM CALLER!!! I was so happy to see him and finally meet him. but it was cool because it was like the Lord saw that we were working hard and so we got rewarded. what a blessing. Here is one thing that I have learned this week, I have relearned this over and over again and i think it will finally stick, but eight months ago in January Elder Uchtdorf came to BYU and gave a devotional. I decided for my study I was going to re-Listen to it. As I was listening to it a phrase came back to me, "Mistakes are an event on the timeline of your life but they do not define your life." I feel like all the time I beat myself up because I make mistakes, but those mistakes are only defining my life because I am letting them. I have learned that as long as we repent sincerely it is done. I have also learned that if we dwell on our mistakes in a bad way you will not get far in the spiritual sense of life. All I have to say this week really is that I love you all and please take Elder Uchtdorf's advice and don't dwell on your mistakes. Thank you so much for your prayers, I have been having a blast out here in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull