Kidnapped

My parents came up to Washington to kidnap Andrew and me to take us on vacation with them.
(It took allot of coaxing, I was worried that my family would fall apart without me.)lol.


(Andrew playing on the side of the road)

Monday morning I drop off the kids at School and after packing the last odds and ends we headed to Oregon. The drive was beautiful and we were making pretty good time, we had a little over a hour left when we ran over a good sized rock that was just hanging out in the middle of the road. We knew there was damage but until the oil light came on (within seconds of running over the rock) we had no idea to the extent of damage. So here we sat in the middle of nowhere with no Cell phone coverage and a big hole in the oil pan. My mom had waved down some help as Andrew and I had just finished praying for our safety and calmness. The couple that stopped could get service on their phone and called for a tow truck. However we were told that it would be two hours before they could reach us. We where surprisingly thrilled when it only took him a little over an hour to rescue us. He then drove us to our destination he also dropped the car off at the nearest shop.


So for the entire trip my Mom was without a car in fact it is still in the shop waiting for a new engine. :(

Luckily all my Sisters came and we had enough transportation plus my Mom got a rental for a few days. Which came in handy since the swimming pool was over a mile away and across the highway.

We had tons of fun! And the week went way to fast! And we could only count our blessings that we were kept safe.

(Andrew swimming in the big spa tub)


What's better than a bubble bath with your cousins?

Comments

Jon Woodins said…
sounds like a memorible trip. I'm glad you are all safe. Those oil pan fixes are a killer. We had to do ours on our van recently and it was a pretty crazy deal. Thank goodness for cell phones right. Oh and prayer always helps things out!
Anonymous said…
How fun! I'm glad you went. I'm glad you were safe and I was wondering did your family fall apart without you?LOL
Julie said…
I'm so glad you came. I can't believe it took so much coaxing to get you away from dishes, laundry, children and so forth. If you ever want to kidnap me rest assure I won't fight it. lol. Just kidding I know that it is a sacrifice to leave and I'm so glad you made that sacrifice. I love you lots and the memories and laughs will last forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull