Back to the basics

This week has been a crazy one.
Tuesday... Cody went to the Dentist and had two teeth pulled
and I also had an appointment for myself. I talked my husband into making a white bean chicken chili yum!!
Wednesday... Kyle and Tasha went to the Dentist. Kyle also had two teeth pulled.
After the appointment I had the privilege of going shopping with a friend. (yeah)(I love having friends). I also decided for Dinner that I would make a cream of broccoli chowder with bread bowls (both made from scratch). Yum! As soon as dinner was over we ran off to Mutual, Scouts, and Achievement Days.
Thursday... We started early Callie had a field trip to see the Wizard of Oz. And had to be at school an hour earlier.(they had too many parents volunteer so I couldn't go let's just say I threw a little tantrum. jk) After making sure the kids were in school safe and sound I went to a meeting for Enrichment. After the meeting we meet at Applebees for lunch. Andrew thought it was fun eating with a bunch of Ladies. When I arrived home from our activities Tasha was standing on the porch she had forgotten her key (but she was only standing there for a few min.) We went inside and realized that our power had been turned off. We had no phone service (we have vonage and the connection goes through the computer) to call anyone. so we were back to the basics. Games by candlelight, getting along with each other, and wondering why their parents allowed them to turn off the power. Because of how well behaved and good our kids were during this power outage period, I am planning another one in the near future. Kyle was very concerned about being without power because the next day (friday) was the Christmas campout which was at our house they get together and play computers, x-box, Wii and anything else that tickles their fancy.
Friday... We woke up by my cell phone thats not activated. After we sent the kids to School we headed out to restore power to our home. And that evening the boys were thrilled that they didn't have to stare at each other in the dark.
I however took off and made tile pictures with some other ladies.
Which brings us to today... I somehow got my Husband to help clean our room. AMAZING!!
Because of how busy my weeks have been my room has been so neglected that it truly became a maze to get around. But now it is 95% better.

I have had very crazy weeks. Yet have loved most of it.
What is something that makes your crazy week worth while?

Comments

Sonja said…
What a super busy crazy week!
Anonymous said…
I'm glaf you got your power back. Sounds like life is keeping you on your toes. I love eating at Applebees. Wednesday is 99 cent kids meals and we never go but I always want to.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.