Christmas

Christmas made it's way to the Hayward's despite the weather.
We started our festivities with our annual pinata. This year we decided to make our own (it's supposed to be a ornament) The kids did a great job decorating the pinata. All the kids plus Kyle's friend had a chance to be the lucky hitter but it was Tasha's mighty pow that tore this ornament into pieces. And then down to the floor with a couple of tears and a few not fairs they all came back up with a bag full of candy and smiles on their faces.




After the pinata we normally open two presents one being p.j.'s this year because presents were like gold we only opened one and waited for Christmas to open the others.
When we were all settled into our p.j.'s the lights went out and we nestled by the Christmas tree for our traditional Story time "When he comes again" and then after all the festivities were over to bed they rushed (yea right) and it was movie time for me (Mamma Mia)

The kids woke up at 1:30a.m. so Sam sat in the front room until 4a.m. and at 4:30 Andrew came up to our room and woke us up rattling off what everyone got. It was really cute. I think next year I am going to talk to Santa about wrapping everything.
He brought the kids webkinz and guitar hero world tour. The kids really enjoyed what they received and didn't care about what they didn't get.

This is my new coat!
and new hair cut.

I just wish that we had family closer that we could visit.
I hope you all had a great Christmas!

Comments

KatherineWoodin said…
I wish you were closer too. I am glad you had a good Christmas.
Julie said…
Merry Christmas! On Christmas eve I asked the kids if they wanted to call santa. Timmy replied with a yell "I want to call Cindy." I thought it was really cute. We sure miss and love you all.
Shawna said…
Awesome Pinata. I missed you guys so much over Christmas. I think Mom REALLY missed you, since she didn't have anyone at her house for the holidays. I loved reading your post and all the sme traditions you still celebrate, I think the only thing you are missing is the sheepskin rug for opening presents.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.