Yum!

This year I have decided to venture out into candy making.
Peanut Brittle recipe click here
Fudge recipe click here
And let's just say I have made two batches of the fudge and it disappears so quickly my kids forget to hide the evidence.


I had the ingredients and figures with all the snow fall it was a perfect day to try my soup making skills out. Yes you heard me right I have never made homemade soup before but now I can check that off my to do list. I didn't use a recipe just put carrots, celery, onions, garlic, seasonings and a combination of bouillon and chicken broth. I substituted egg noodles for bow tie noodles which worked fine. My kids aren't typical soup eaters but devoured their Chicken soup and begged for more until all that was left was one lonely onion.



O.K. The kids took this picture of the newly fallen snow.
Isn't it beautiful!
The beauty only lasted a couple of minutes which was exchanged for smiles and laughter.

I know what you are all thinking it's Cookie Day and she hasn't blogged about cookies rest assured they are in the oven.
And will be resting nicely in my tummy shortly!
What's your favorite cookie?

Comments

Jon Woodins said…
My favorite Cookie is the chocolate chip cookie recipe that Nanette "Stole". My family refers to them as "Stolen Cookies" in my opinion, once you have one you will do anything to steal another one. "Thanks Nanette for your thivery!" I also love chewy chip's ahoy cookies. I can devour a whole bag by myself. But I don't mind sharing. Do macaroons count as cookies? Nanette makes some most delicious ones. And if you are looking for something in between a cookie and a brownie Wendy Briscoe has got an awesome recipie up her sleeve. I have put on many colories with her delightful treat. And if Rice Krispie treats count as a cookie, (which I don't think they do because they are a cereal) they get very high marks in my book especially when they are made out of the coco/vanilla krispies and then you mix in milk chocolate and white chocolate chips. Then they disappear before they cool in the pan. Yep, I think I need to pull out my cookie sheets. All this cookie talk is making me think about a big blue sesame street monster who LOVES COOKIES! YUMM YUMM!
Anonymous said…
Your soup looks YU-MOO. What kind of cookies did you make? My favorite cookie is my sister JANAS A LITTLE UNDERBAKED SUGAR COOKIE WITH tons OF FROSTING. tHEY ARE SO DIVINE. mERRY cHRISTMAS.Sorry about the capitals I always forget it's on.
KatherineWoodin said…
Wow did you ever get a list of favorite cookies. I like just plain Nesltle chocolate chips.
Becky said…
Well, I have only found one decent recipe for a dairy egg free cookie, so that is what I make. It is an oatmeal cookie and you can't tell that it is dairy and egg free.
I love homemade soup. I just got done making a huge pot full to go with our 7 inches of snow in Seattle.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.