The Challenge


This year in our Ward they have challenged us to read our Scriptures everyday
(which is something we should do anyway.. but life sometimes takes over)
I came home from Church and thought this would be a good challenge for our whole family.
Then for Family Home Evening I delivered the Challenge to my kids and that I would make a chart so we can keep track of our progress and then monthly or quarterly we would so something fun. I also let them know that Andrew was the only one that could count Family Scripture reading everyone else was on there own.
I was a little worried that they wouldn't care or put any effort into making this challenge work.
But...
My kids have shocked my again.
I have a couple of boys who need reminded but Cody never seems to forget infact Andrew has asked him a couple of times to read stories to him and he replies I can't because I am reading my Scriptures.
And then there is Callie who is still learning how to put words together yet she has paired up with Tasha (I don't know what I would do with out her) and bugs her until they are both sitting down reading they take turns and everyday Callie gets better and better at putting words together.

A funny story... I got a phone call from Callies School Teacher letting me know of her progress. She told me of how Callie came up to her the other day and said that she has been putting compound words together when she reads the Scriptures.
(I didn't even know she knew what compound words were)

I have been reading the Scriptures first thing in the morning and for some reason I get more done in my day. Which leaves more time to blog.
What is your favorite way to read the Scriptures?
by candlelight, first thing in the morning, night, with your kids, ect....

Comments

Anonymous said…
We read in the evening. EARLY Mornings (before 7) are not my best time of day. I have to force myself to be nice and loving it doesn't just happen. I want to know how and where you got the coupons and sales to get that food so cheep. Please teach me your sweet skills.
Anonymous said…
Any time is a good time to call me. I have no life. LOL. I can't believe you are also up at this crazy hour. Go to bed already!
Julie said…
My favorite way to read the scriptures is by osmosis. What I get out of reading my scriptures this way is a big indentation on my face. It takes me back to the memorable moments of seminary. When the teacher startles you out of your slumber only to have a pool of drool on the desk and a big mark down the middle of your face. Hats off to ya for being such a good example to your kids that they are enthused about following your ways.
Sonja said…
Excellent challenge! Way to get the kids motivated with the chart and good for the kids for doing it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Brandon Mull