I'm Tired! UPDATE

For the last few weeks we have implemented the bed time routine in our home and it seems to be working.
how this works...
  • when they fight (extensivley) (a little banter is healthy.lol)
  • talk back
  • immature behavior
  • getting out of bed. (this is mostly for Callie because she would stay up till after midnight if we let her)
  • bad attitude
their Initials are put on the calendar.
  1. The first one means they have chosen not to stay up after bedtime.
  2. The second initial means they want to go to bed a half hour early I limited them to 5 initials a day (bed 2 hrs. early)
Yes my kids have wanted to go to bed at 6:00p.m. which makes for a very peaceful evening. In fact I have two kids that on Saturday chose to loose staying up privileges throughout this week. I don't expect this to solve all our issues but it seems to be making an impact and they are really good at going to bed because they know if they don't they will loose their privileged for tomorrow.
So far Cody, Andrew and Tasha are the only ones that have had the privileged of staying up. And Callie so far looks like tonight might be the night so keep your fingers crossed.
This really seems to be working and is a nice alternative to my screaming my head off.

Comments

Awesome! Way to make something work. Aren't kids funny when they realize it their choice?!
Jon Woodins said…
My problem with this is now Stiles keeps on saying. No I don't want to stay up late anymore. so he had to go to bed extra early tonight. Maybe it drove something home. I think it did that Erica and hunter got to stay up much later than he did. Keep up the good parenting.
Sonja said…
Yay! I'm glad there's good progress, kids know what to expect and they'll do what it takes to earn time.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Let it Snow!