Color me a picture.

My kids are addicted to T.V.
Usually the T.V. is off for homework time but especially in the evening it seems like it's on non-stop.
Yesterday I decided to start something new so while I was cooking dinner I asked the kids to either draw a picture or write a story depending on their age and ability. I had one child who complained therefore ended up having chores instead.
He immediately tried to change his mind but had no luck in changing our minds of his consequences.
They all had a blast thinking up stories and the two youngest had a grand time coloring.
Callie saw how much fun the older kids were having, after her picture was done she started putting together her own story.
During dinner we went around the table and they showed off there hard work and you could tell how proud they were of their work.
Kyle was even wishing that he had participated instead of complaining.
They wanted to make this a tradition every night. I like the idea, but will it grow old?
I am thinking that once a week or month will keep it enjoyable and not overwhelming.
What do you think?
Left to Right..Top to Bottom..
Andrew, Callie
Brandon, Tasha, Cody

I had a couple of concerns when they where reading their stories because a few of them where about death and killing people but I didn't give them any guide lines I just told them to write about anything.



Sorry about the blurry pictures. I am just not a picture buff.
I think I will put their stories on here for you to read and if you would comment on the one you like I will share your comments with them.
Side note.. A few of the stories are not finished so you might be left wanting more.

Comments

KatherineWoodin said…
That is a super cool way to get the tv off.
Jon Woodins said…
Sorry we didn't get to hear from Kyle. I think he would have wrote an awesome story. No whinning next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Let it Snow!