Food for thought...

So first of all it's...
National Homemade Bread Day
and I really had every intention to make bread but it just didn't happen.
I did however make Focaccia Bread does that count?
Click here for recipe
It was yummy!
Next time I am going to add garlic.



Second... For Family Home Evening we talked about gossiping.
The title of the lesson is...
The Ugly Truth (found here)



We started off by putting chocolate syrup in Cody's hand and then we passed it along until we completed the circle. I then explained to them how ugly gossiping can get and how what we say sticks and can never be taken back.
After we cleaned our hands with wet wipes we played a little game of telephone.
We ended with a story called "Girlfriends and Gossip" from the friend.
We had a great time tonight and I sure hope that my kids learned something from the object lesson other than playing with chocolate.





What is one of your favorite topics for Family Home Evening?

Comments

Teri said…
That is such a good lesson I will be doing that as soon as these kids get a little older and I see them gossiping.
Julie said…
Cute!!! I hope you learned a lesson or two as well. Now if only you would stop calling me to gossip about Shawna. lol. Just kidding. I wrote this thinking I was funny. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it goes over funny or not so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..