Veterans Day

Sorry about the long post. But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way! Veterans are worth it!

They Keep Us Free
by Roger Robicheau

In time of need their will is sure
American, their freedom pure

Protect our life and liberty
Unselfishly, they keep us free

Each soldier knows what is at stake
The risk is grave, there’s no mistake

With pride they serve our country strong
They face each foe to come along

Remember them while in your home
Or where you choose to freely roam

Don’t take for granted what you see
Some left this life, so it could be

To God I urge you all to pray
For soldier’s brave, to face each day

We should be thankful, one and all
For those who march to meet each call

The above and below pictures are of Sam's Father.
Stanley Maurice Hayward


When Grown We Marched

by Roger Robicheau

We learned to play Go Fish and War
Each game of cards did never bore

How proud we rode, our bikes stood up
When chain guard off, pant leg rolled up

Great friends we made, some became pals
What an awesome pool of guys and gals

Some sports we loved, boy! was that true
As a matter of fact, I still do

The Palmer Method was taught in school
And so much more, some actually cool

We loved the Summer, Winter too
With sneakers or boots, we got through

When time was right, we learnt to drive
Don’t ask me how, we did survive

When grown we marched, our pride was true
Our colors firm, red white and blue

Now others march, they take their turn
God Bless them, how they so well learn

They know their job, they do excel
America, support them well

They stand for us where sent to serve
This fact we should all know, observe

These three pictures (above and below) are of my Father.
He has always been a good example to me. Especially when it comes to Freedom and taking pride in our Country and respecting all those that serve.

What a Handsome Man!!

Your Coming Home

by Roger Robicheau

In thrill I wait, you’ll soon be home
Your land, past oceans white with foam

I brave each day till our eyes meet
Your treasured heart, I miss its beat

Such want to have you close to me
Will soon come true, God let it be

When you arrive I won’t be shy
You’ll see excitement, I may cry

I’ll rush to hold my soldier tight
With all my heart and all my might

Emotions will so fill the day
I’ll be the child who loves to play

I’ll beam with pride to be with you
You are the best, no doubt, so true

The time we share will help me through
When days do come without dear you

Your coming home is all I need
Be safe my precious one, Goodspeed

(SEXY!!)(oops that just slipped, I will try to keep this post clean)lol.

I went through the enternet and found a beautiful Poem.
Here is the link to...A Dad's Prayer

These two pictures are of my Brother while he was in Iraq.
He dosen't know this but while he was gone he gave me so much strength because as he didn't want to leave his family he did so with pride and anytime I was feeling down I would think of my Brother and all that he was sacrificing for me and you.
(I secretly think he's my favorite, Don't tell my other brother's and Sisters)


Heroes Die for Me

by Jamie Burns

I am the flag

I look down upon this land called America .

I have been here since this great nation was formed,

I have seen each battle fought

I have seen the heroes die for me, for my country

Thank you all those of you

Who have kept me flying in the breeze

Keeping this country united as one.

Thank you those of you who have sacrificed your lives,

Giving up all that I may still fly,

Watching over the citizens of this nation.

Thank you all those of you who have ever fought,

I am ever grateful for you.

You risked everything; you faced death each day,

Faced fear, faced many terrible things.

And because of you, my thank you's ring out,

Filling the sky, echoing from the hills

They find their way to the graveyards,

And to all of you still living,

You are a special kind of person.

To anyone who has ever served this country,

And to those serving today

Thank you.

As I watch life from atop my flagpole,

As I think of all you've done,

My feelings become too powerful for words

And all I can say is thank you.


Happy Veterans Day!

Comments

KatherineWoodin said…
I happen to think that Fred is the most handsome of them all. Good work in remembering those who fight for freedom.
Thank-you for all of those stories and thoughts. We are very lucky to have so many loyal and proud people serving our country and protecting our freedom. Fred, Sam, and Jon HATS OFF!!
Anonymous said…
I never knew your Dad was in the military. Those are nice pictures of him. You did a really nice veterans post. Thanks to all!
Jon Woodins said…
I'm a basket of tears over here! Thanks for the post!
Julie said…
So I woke up this morning to a flag in my yard. So that means it is a holiday. Which one? I'm so glad we blog so you can keep me posted on important matters. Veterans day is really important so I'm glad I didn't forget about it. I really tried to stay focused reading the post, but I kept getting distracted by the pictures. Those are some very nice pictures of dad. Jon is standing by a camel? (wow that seems weird.) My distraction was mainly with Sam's picture being a picture or a painting. It is a really nice picture it looks almost too nice to just be a picture (very sexy indeed, lol.) Was that too much babbling?

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..