E.A.R.S.

Earrings Are Real Scary!
Callie has had her ears pierced for sometime now at least a couple of years. And has hardly had problems with infections. We bought this pair of earrings about a week ago and she put them on around that time. Today after school I was patting her head a noticed her ears were infected but when I tried to take them off there was no back to the earring. The back was embedded into the skin. I took her to the after hours clinic and they took one look and sent me on may way saying they won't even touch them. So off I went to the E.R. and a few hours later we left with two stitches one in each ear and a new pink pen that the doctor promised Callie.
What a trooper!
She cried so hard when they were poking and prodding it was all I could do to hold it together.
All she wanted was her Dad (he is in Mississippi on a business trip) and for her mom to hold her which I did the moment the Doctor was done.

I would also like to give a shout out to those who helped with giving my kids a ride to Scouts and Young Women's. My kids appreciated not being stuck at home or worse the Hospital.

Comments

KatherineWoodin said…
Wow, I hope your ears heal quickly
Julie said…
My eyes got watery thinking of Callie in the ER as they dug through her ears. Hats off to ya Callie your a trooper. Cindy if you have a melt down with Sam gone I'm only a phone call away.
Honor said…
aaaah ... ?? what kind of earrings are they? That is my worst fear for Brielle. I do not want that to happen to her. Poor Callie. So are her ears still pierced? Or is the hole going to be closed up?

I guess I will have to talk to you about it later.
Teri said…
Poor Callie. That is no fun at all.
Candi & Ezra said…
Wow!! Your kids are so grown up! I just can't believe how big Callie is! They are just adorable. It was fun to read your blog. Sounds like you guys are doing well. We miss seeing you on Sundays.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.