Mom turns blue

There once was a mother all tired and blue
from asking her kids to clean their room.
She had enough of her own jobs to do
so she sat and thought her actions through.
She decided to put her work aside
she had no idea how she would survive.
As the kids came home from school that day
to find there mom had no time to play
with smiles on their faces molded like clay
they all shouted HOORAY!
And then came the tears
and they shuddered with fears
for they knew when there mother explained
"Since I spent my day cleaning
it's time to see the meaning."
She gave them her tasks and sent them a flutter.
Their words they did sputter
and feet made some thunder
But got right to work
they didn't shirk.


For the lesson learned is...
clean your room or your mom will turn blue
and you will have something harder to do.

(true story)

Comments

Julie said…
That is an awesome poem. I don't think kids grasp the truth to this story. We better read it to our kids daily so it really sinks in.
Teri said…
That is a great idea, just give them something harder to do. I am going to try that.
Anonymous said…
I think I wrote that poem( JUST KIDDING) It does seem like the story of my life. Know how do you get the kids to do the room or the harder job?
Sonja said…
Love it!! True justice.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.