Mom turns blue Q&A

I had allot of questions about this poem mostly from my sister so I will explain just a little about it.
1.Who's the Author: Cindy Hayward (When I told my sister she acted surprised.) I have been know to write a few poems here and there they might not be the best but I try.
2. what does this poem mean? I have a hard time like any mom getting my kids to do anything especially cleaning there room. So I had enough of wading through Cody's room and Andrew had been sleeping on our floor because we couldn't find his bed. So while he was at school I went to work picking, sorting and throwing things away. And when they returned from School Cody was thrilled to see that he didn't have to move a finger and poof his room is clean. But while I was cleaning I had a bright idea that since I was doing his chore he could do mine. So I explained this to him and even though he was not happy about this he did get right to work. I have also cleaned Kyles and Brandon's room. And plan on cleaning the girls room.
3. how do you get them to clean there rooms or do your jobs? I have not succeeded yet in them keeping there rooms clean on there own however I have gone in and just picked up clothes and then they have to wash walls or clean out the fridge etc. and they are showing a little more effort but I still find myself reminding them more than I should. I don't have the answer... to them doing my job... except that they have been pretty good except for the constant chatter from there complaints.
4. what do you want your kids to learn from this? I want them to know that I need there help and if they pulled their weight we could have so much more fun.
I love them so much and want the best for them.

Comments

KatherineWoodin said…
That is a great idea. I hope it keeps working for you. Now to just get Kyle to do his homework
Sonja said…
My mom just started taking toys away when we didn't pick them up. I've adopted the same thing. My kids will lose toys (forever - I donate them) if they don't pick them up. We also play a game to see who can pick up more things, that gets them going.

Sounds like you're doing a good thing, the kids will learn.
Jon Woodins said…
Cindy, My Kids are not allowed to eat breakfast until their bed is made. This dosn't clean the room but it makes the room look nicer all day and helps me not be crazy. We have a rule about clothes. They are either in the drawer, on your body, or in the laundry basket. Also I have given each of my kids a laundry basket with their name writen on it. They are required to sort their dirty clothes every day in the laundry room and put away their basket of clean clothes. I paid they kids a nickel for dirty laundy and a dime for clean clothes. It didn't take too long to get them in the habit. I no longer pay them. It is a daily requirement. I don't know what to do about toys, paper, and garbage. Any tips there would be wonderful.
Love ya. Monica

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.