Date nut Bread Day

I decided to try my hand at Date Nut Bread to Celebrate this glorious day.
And it turned out Delicious!
(I would have liked it a tad sweeter) The kids devoured the 1st loaf and when I told them they could make peanut butter sandwiches with it for there lunch tomorrow they thought I was the coolest Mom ever.

Recipe
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
2 1/4 cups boiling water
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons margarine
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Combine baking soda with the boiling water. Soak the dates in the water and baking soda solution for 30 minutes.
Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, vanilla, dates, nuts, flour, and salt.
Divide batter equally between two 9 x 5 (or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2) inch greased loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) (or until loaf tests done). Can be frozen when cool.

Comments

Julie said…
I've never heard of Date nut bread, let alone have a day for it. It sounds disgusting. Although with the reviews from the little haywards it sounds like this recipe might be worth a try. I've never just had dates lying around so it would actually take some effort to try this recipe, but I may just do that. Cindy you let your kids know how lucky they are to have you as a mom, as am I to have you as a sister.
Anonymous said…
I have never heard of that before sounds yummy! Love the grandparents day thing how sweet of a kid are you. You have AWESOME parents that must be why you are an AWESOME kid, person, mom, daughter, ext.

Popular posts from this blog

Blah..Blah..Blah..

Angels Among Us.